
Yesterday was an eventful day! Wednesday mornings I usually take the kiddos to the library where we listen at storytime and then go pick out some books - yesterday morning I was on my way to that when I received a phone message that my mum (and aunt and uncle that are visiting from England) were coming down to the outlet mall and would I like them to stop by for lunch. So, I cut the library trip a little short so we could pick up a couple of things at the grocery store before heading home. I felt terrible later because I forgot to call my babysitter who usually watches my kids after lunch so I can go to the gym. Her mom called me because I wasn't home and I had to explain myself... I think she was rather understanding but I still felt badly about not telling her right after I spoke with my mom. (I couldn't really use the "mommy brain" excuse since this woman has 5 children and still manages to keep everything straight...) I had also got an email from my friend Monika asking if I wanted to go to The Farm in the afternoon with the kids. By this time I was wondering if I was being a little too ambitious... after all, that evening I had book club as well. As it turned out my relatives had a very nice (though short) visit, the kids had fun at the pumpkin patch, and I even made it home in time to whip up some spaghetti before heading off to book club. (I had asked Phil to do it, but by the time I got there he had only got the water boiling... sigh.) Anyway, here are some cute pics of our pumpkin adventure...

Hayride!
Jamie tries to blend in...


Nathan picks a pumpkin...

Monica and her son, Carter!

Aww.... Isn't it cute that he still does that occasionally?
No comments:
Post a Comment