Monday, October 03, 2005

Knitting for Charity

I missed the Blanket-a-thon for Hurricane victims at Quest Stadium yesterday and I'm feeling a twinge of regret. I'm wondering how it went. I didn't want to make the drive by myself and unfortunately I couldn't get anyone excited enough to come along. Oh well, I just finished a pumpkin baby hat for a charity knitting night with the local fiber guild. I'm knitting with Red Heart to thin out some of my stash- it's cheap and washable, though kind of yucky to work with after knitting with nicer yarns. Since we meet in a church, we are donating the hats to their program for helping new mothers as a thank you for letting us meet there. I'm going to try and make a couple more before Friday but I haven't been doing much knitting due to the fact I've been curled up with the latest book by Diana Gabaldon - A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I'll be sure to post a review of this series soon. I hope to post a book review at least once a month and a recipe once a week, so be sure to check out my sidebar links occasionally...

No comments: