I just got back from a few days spent with family and thankfully it was a productive weekend as well. Saturday I went to late-night yarn yoga at Ben Franklin and almost finished my quilt before it was time to leave. (They have a group of quilters who meet during the same time, so I brought both my knitting and my sewing machine thinking I'd have time to do both...) The late-nighter goes until midnight so you'd think I'd go straight to bed knowing my kiddos would wake me up at around 7:30am. But, of course I didn't. By the time I hit the pillow it was 2:30am... but the quilt was done. You can't really see the lace in this pic, so here's a close-up...
While visiting with my mum and sister I also got some spinning and knitting done. I was so pleased when my instructor said she had another wheel for me to practice on... I was having such a hard time with the Clemes and Clemes. The one I have in my living room now is an Ashford Traveler and I love it! Not only does it look gorgeous, but it spins beautifully...
Much better than that lumpy stuff I was spinning earlier, huh? I'll have to try some of that awesome dyed roving on this too. But for now, my homework is to fill up this bobbin and another one so I can ply them together!
Oh, and I wanted mention that I also finished the back to my duster... again. (Correctly this time!)




1 comment:
Hi Katie,
Your spinning looks great!!! Glad to hear that you got to try another wheel. Ive been spinning too and love my kiwi...Under the circumstances Pat will teach me to ply at a guild meeting next month when I've done more. If you would like to get together and spin let me know.
Thanks,
Keli
Post a Comment