It was fun for awhile. The first couple of days, the kids made snow trails for each other to follow. We walked to the park and made a huge snowman.
We played board games, listened to classical music on the radio, built things, cleaned up, and rearranged furniture... I made bean soup, cabbage and leek soup, roast beef and potatoes, and then stew... Cookies and fudge, and homemade bread. And a sweater for Evelyn.
We did get something else accomplished - we now have the girls set up in one room...
... and the boys in the other room. Everything looks so organized right now, and it's lovely. We'll see how long it stays that way. :)
The snow has been falling all day. Nathan and I trudged down to the corner store for milk (which was an adventure,)
but otherwise we've stayed in... The kids made various creations with Legos and watched Ponyo while I worked on laundry, looked mournfully outside and fretted about this weekend. Phil assures me my plans will not be dashed, but I cannot help feeling skeptical when it looks like this outside.
It's Yarn Train weekend. My weekend away with friends. This year we have reservations to spend the night... In Portland, where the yarn shops are plentiful and there's even a ChocolateFest going on at the same time! We are talking about driving down even if the trains aren't running - as of now Amtrak has shut down due to debris and severe weather conditions. In Portland, it's raining. We can handle rain. If only the snow in WA would melt and the tracks were cleared! Praying for the weather to warm up... I know there are people who would love to have snow all year long, but I've had enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment