Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Bit of Wild Freedom

So, this past weekend was the SKG knitters retreat. It was tons of fun... There seemed to be an endless supply of delicious wine and good food, there were many wonderful friends (new and old) to talk to, and there was plenty of laughter.The best part was not having to be responsible for anyone but myself. Not much in the way of knitting or spinning got accomplished, but a fabulous time was had by all. A girlfriend weekend away (with chocolate-covered strawberry Jello shots) was just what I needed after being cooped up at Children's Hospital for 3 days with Alice. Yes, it was that wild and completely awesome! Phil and the kids stayed home and decorated the house for Halloween. Now it looks spoooky...
This week has started off pretty low-key in comparison. I'm a bit worried because my keys have been missing for over a week. The odd thing is I know they are in the house somewhere. I remember seeing them, but they are not where I remember seeing them and that is very strange. (Or perhaps not - if you are a mom, you know what I mean.) I have searched the house several times, but the trouble is there is so much still left to organize and so much stuff that needs to be sorted through that the keys could have dropped into any of the boxes that are sitting around and I would never know it. So, the good thing that has come of all this is that (now that I am refreshed from partying my heart out) I'm super-motivated to get this place in shape. I've also taken my friend Barb's advice and started leaving out trinkets for the fairies/pixies/little folk. You never know!
Tomorrow we have gymnastics, and Alice has her first physical therapy appointment with the school district. Here's that photo I promised of Evelyn... The night before I took this I was at the guild meeting and Charisa was the speaker. She was presenting about photography.

One of the tidbits of advice she gave was to get right up where you need to be to get the shot. It was good advice, and I listened. I had brought my camera to class and was hesitant to get close to the mat while the teacher was talking - but I knew if I waited, the opportunity would be missed and from where I was standing I couldn't even see my girl. So I walked up to where I need to be, got the shot, and got out. I think it turned out rather cute.

No comments: