Friday, September 30, 2011

No Computer for Me

My husband is using the laptop to time- lapse his Lego construction (yes, that's how nerdy we are) so I'm stuck writing this post on my iPhone.
I had to get up crazy early this morning for a meeting with some people in the school district about getting special services for Alice. I was really hoping to get her into the developmental preschool, but she would have had to qualify in two areas and she only qualified for physical therapy. Her scores were in the normal range for both the cognitive and speech evaluations... which is good. However, I've heard so many great things about the preschool and I know she would have loved it. I was bummed. I still kind of am, but I'll get over it. One more year at home will be fine, and then she can start at Montessori.
Alice really loved the rides at Disney and Legoland... Especially anything that went up and down. She still talks about the Dumbo ride and how she went on it with Grandpa. We were disappointed at the local fair this year to find that Alice didn't meet the height requirement for any of the rides (and probably won't next year either.) They wouldn't even allow me to hold her on the stationary bench on the carousel! At Disneyland she was allowed to ride everything but the big rides... She went on the teacups, the submarine, Peter Pan's Flight, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, and quite a few more. She had such a marvelous time!

No comments: