Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Celebrating the Season

On today's agenda... Crockpot beef stew, homemade bread, and shortbread cookies for gifts. The house smells so amazingly good right now! I'm still working on Christmas knitting and can't share that yet, but I did finish a scarf I've been working on for awhile...
This is the Swirl Shawl/Scarf pattern in Jojoland Melody. Each swirl is made separately, and I got tired of it pretty quickly. I knew something drastic would have to happen for me to actually finish it and took it with me to Late Night Knitting to get some suggestions for a shortcut. Tandy came up with the best solution, which was to seam what I had into a keyhole scarf. I figured out I could either wear it hanging down or tucked up like a cowl. It was a fun one to block out.
The pattern shows the swirls blocked as circles, but I liked the hexagon shaping a bit better. The weather has been good for staying home with needles and yarn... There has been nothing but rain for days, but today the sun peeked out for a little while. The kids have felt cooped up, but Phil and I have a big surprise for them later this week - we're going to take them here as an early Christmas gift.
I think another storm is rolling in - floods are predicted, but I'm hoping to make it to the Snohomish Knitters Guild tonight. We have a gift exchange and potluck planned and I can't wait! For now, it's nice to sit here with the music... and the children playing... and the bread baking...

4 comments:

Pamelamama said...

Beautiful! I love that design but I know I would get tired of knitting it too. :)

Jane said...

Looks stunning and the colour is gorgeous!

Baby By The Sea said...

I want nothing more than bread in the oven and that project on my kitchen table. Detail, color -- magnificent!

PerryBlog said...

Glad to hear you are settling in to your new place and the new year is off to a good start for you and your family!