Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jamie!


Jamie turned six today! This photo was actually taken on Phil's birthday last month... I would have taken one of Jamie today, but he chose to spend most of his birthday playing Lego Harry Potter on the couch... in his underwear. Good times! Nathan played with him for awhile, but then got the itch to go outside. It really was a lovely day and eventually I talked Jamie into putting on some shorts and a tee so he could go out there and enjoy a popsicle. At the end of last week, I bought this awesome little game table with foosball, air hockey, table tennis, and pool at a garage sale for $30...
I still haven't figured out where to put it in the house, but the boys have been having a blast with it so I'm sure I'll find a space somewhere.
Tonight the boys have been watching Superman, which has turned out to be the 6-year-old rite-of-passage movie in our household. Fittingly, there is a meteor shower that can be seen from here later tonight so they'll all be taking their sleeping bags out to the lawn to watch them after the movie. Sweet!
Doesn't Jamie have the greatest smile? My favorite thing about Jamie is that I see so much of myself in him... not always good, but definitely amusing... He's a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to schoolwork or artwork, and we always know when he's the one who made a mess because it's very organized! He might have gotten that gene from Grandpa. ;) He's also a stickler for rules and can be a bit bossy with his siblings, but he's also a natural teacher and that is heartwarming to see. He can be very patient when showing or telling Evelyn how to do something, and doesn't hold back on the praise when she finally gets it right. He is in love with his baby sister, Alice and delights in rolling a ball to her or pulling funny faces to make her laugh. You can always tell when Jamie is happy about something because he is running in place or just jumping up and down with excitement... I love this brown-eyed little boy, and I'm so proud to be his mama.

2 comments:

Lyn Boice said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!
Love Grandma & Grandpa

Brenda Wilbee said...

You have made me sooooo lonely for Jamie and his jumping up and down and dancing eyes and silly faces.

Love, mum