It has been quite warm (upper 80's) and humid the last couple of days which usually means that I want nothing to do with a lapful of wool... However, I have that new Turkish spindle I've been playing with... and when I received the newest installment of Allspunup's spin-along fiber I was eager to get it going on my wheel! Here is the first half spun into a single: (I'm going to attempt one of those yummy bobbin-on-fiber shots...)

I'll be spinning another single with the other half so I can make a 2-ply. What isn't really captured here is the glorious shine... It's a Merino/Silk/Bamboo blend and WOW, is it ever shimmery and heavenly to spin!
Before I left for Sock Summit I finished up a Merino Tencel blend that had the shine, but didn't come anywhere close to being this soft:


Now, don't get me wrong... it was nice, but the merino/silk/bamboo spins like buttah.
In other news, after a bit of nagging, begging and cajoling by my son I reluctantly agreed to get the little loom warped up for Nathan. (It took only a few hours for me to acquiesce, and then about four days to get the warping done... and I didn't even have to look at my notes!)

He spent a good part of this afternoon weaving a cotton dishcloth... I was sure to make the warp a couple of yards long so he can make a few before I have to do it again. I'd teach him how to warp it himself, but I don't have the heart to... I mean, I kind of want the kid to like weaving for awhile before he knows about all the set up involved. I sincerely appreciated his patience while I got it done this time. The loom was a gift from my friend Betts and I can't wait to let her know that it's finally being put to good use!


1 comment:
How fun! You guys have been busy busy!
Post a Comment