Yesterday she showed me her "pretty toes" while we watched Dora the Explorer.

This was just after we got back from the doctor and she did stay fairly mellow most of the day. I carried her around to one place or the other, and the boys entertained her by bringing her toys and coloring books. I've been thoroughly amazed at how strong and brave she is... I remember there were a few times growing up when I experienced a bad fall or got hit by something and was sure I had a broken ankle or arm. I remember crying and carrying on even after the x-rays confirmed it was only a sprain or bruise... but my baby has been so stoic throughout this whole ordeal. Yesterday, she didn't even flinch when the doctor removed the splint to examine her leg. The nurse let her pick which color she'd like for her cast (pink, of course) and Evelyn sat very still while her leg got wrapped up and set. She chatted with people in the waiting room while I checked us out and showed them her cast and the strawberry lollypop she had also received. She'll need to be in the long cast for three weeks, and then a shorter one for another two weeks. Watching her this morning, I really don't think this is going to slow her down much... Earlier today I watched her follow Jamie around the kitchen by scooting on her bottom and then later she used her arms and good leg to pull herself up the stairs. Crazy girl! I'm going to have to keep a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't try to put weight on that leg before it can have a chance to heal.


5 comments:
She looks so sweet. Please tell her that Grandma & Grandpa are so proud of her for being so brave!
Love,
Dad
poor pink poopsie!!
What a brave little girl. Poor thing. I can't imagine having a toddler with a broken leg. They are so active.
Lovin' the pink. Man, bones heal fast at Miss E's age! I'm not surprised that this is barely slowing her down! And, by the way, bruises and sprains hurt a LOT if not more than bone breaks (at least they isolate the bone break, with a sprain, you are stuck with lots of bruised tissue.)
She is adorable katie! Kids are so strong, so resilient. They heal so well and are such amazing creations. We've had several broken bones in our household (all with the SAME kid) and he just keeps going and growing!
Post a Comment