Monday, January 12, 2009

Sew Together

Last week was a string of activities making up for the snowed-in days of Christmas. Nathan played Joseph at church...
... and Jamie sang "Jingle Bells" and "The Little Drummer Boy" at his preschool concert.
We've been getting plenty of rain around here, which has been perfect for indoor projects. Unfortunately MOPS was canceled last week due to flooding so I invited some friends over to knit and sew. Lori and Angela have been teaching me how to figure out sewing patterns, and helped me churn out this awesome bag!
It's the Amy Butler Nappy Bag, and it's huge which is fantastic for carrying around all my purse stuff as well as my knitting. It is lined with many pockets including one for my cell phone - I was so thrilled with this that I started another project almost immediately after. 
Amid the laundry, taking down Christmas decorations, and finally writing up those New Year's cards I've been listening to an audiobook on the I-pod while knitting on the shawl...
The center square lace pattern is supposed to represent waves. I've actually finished the square now and have moved on to the border - it's coming along very nicely!
I'm wanting to make a 100 Good Wishes Quilt for our daughter-to-be, but I need to plan it out. If anyone has extra scraps of cute fabric I can use, please send them along. I think I need 12x12-inch squares - I'll be cutting pieces off for a scrapbook and thankyou notes for the good wishes. I'll post more about this later and plan to send out a mailing to family and friends so stay tuned! You may have noticed that the sidebar on my blog has changed to include a Paypal button for those who want to donate to our adoption fund online. I'll be posting a new raffle prize each month, and will draw from those who have donated up to that point. Most will probably be knitting related and I'm reorganizing my stash of materials and projects - I'll post a pic of this month's prize tomorrow!

No comments: