Thursday, January 15, 2009

Moving on...

Thanks for all the kind comments on yesterday's post. I especially appreciated all the hugs as my faith in humanity had fallen a few notches... I should have been prepared for a little negativity I guess, but I wasn't expecting it and it tore me up. So, I had a good cry and went to my knit group last night to relax and clear my head... And things started to look up again. 
Charisa brought in some old magazines to de-stash, and one of them was one I've been keeping my eye out for. Then Tuulia brought me a beautiful skein of handspun yarn to make into something to sell.
I didn't know what to say. It's gorgeous. 
And then this morning I found a ladybug on my basket.
Ladybugs are a symbol of good luck in the adoption community - how cool is that? 
The ball of yarn in the above picture is a skein of Lambs Pride Superwash that is currently being knit up as an Oh Honey hat. 
It uses an Estonian cast-on and has a lovely unique stitch pattern. I'm really enjoying working on it, although I think I may rip it and start over to make the ribbing a bit tighter. I just started the hat this morning so it looks like it'll finish up very quickly.  Now Evelyn's down for a nap and I think I'll work on some spinning.

1 comment:

JD said...

Hey Katie, I just caught up on your previous posts. Keep your head up - I know things will work out for you. Our neighbors adopted a little girl a few months back and every time I see the family going out for a walk I look out the window and say that will be Katie someday!
Stay positive and know that your love will make the bonds of your family stronger and your second little girl will be with you in time. It will be worth all the heartache and hard work!