Friday, October 10, 2008

The Swallowtail

I find that for me, working on knitting projects is sort of like reading books. If I finish one and don't start another right away I tend to keep putting it off until a month goes by and I realize I've been so busy doing other things that I haven't knit or read anything for weeks! So almost as soon as I blocked the MS3, I picked a pattern for another shawl and wound the Malabrigo yarn I knew I wanted to use (see I told you I wasn't kidding.)
This is the beginnings of the Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark. It's a good thing that I waited until my knit night to actually start it, because several of the gals there had knit this before and it took me awhile to figure out the structure of the chart and directions. I think I have it down now so things are moving along a bit faster. I was aiming to get this done before Madrona in February, but I think I'll have it done a lot sooner than that!
I really have no business at all working on this because the Cascade Christmas Bazaar is coming up in November and I plan to sell some things to raise money for adoption costs. I have several items made, but not nearly enough. I did apply for business license earlier this year so I'm ordering some wholesale baskets to sell as well. I'm thinking I might need to fire up the sewing machine and churn out a few needle cases too. 
I'm also distracted by the spinning, so I might need to sell some handspun yarn. Look what came in the mail a few days ago from Spunky Eclectic...
Mmmm, I really like those colors... 

No comments: