Monday, August 04, 2008

Update On the Fly

I'm deep into summertime mommy-mode. We've been spending a lot of time at the YMCA doing swim lessons for the boys and Zumba or Yoga for me. I've been teaching Nathan how to read, and helping Jamie practice his letters/sounds. I'm about 140 pages into Breaking Dawn and I could see the laundry getting ignored for a couple more days if it weren't for the astonished "But where's my underwear?" factor.
Yesterday was a kick - In the afternoon I took the boys to a birthday party where (no joke) they actually had a pony. At first Jamie didn't want to ride it, but after seeing how much fun Nathan was having he decided to have a go. It's too bad I didn't have my camera with me - I'll have to ask the mom to send me the ones she took. When we got back, I headed over to Charisa's for an impromptu spin-in. Now I'm about halfway done with Kristin's contest fiber...It's Merino and Silk - Mmmmm. Charisa was already done spinning hers into a nice fat single. Part of me wishes I had done that, but I think my fingering/dk 2-ply will be very beautiful. I came home around 6pm thinking I'd need to rush around to make dinner, but it turned out our neighbors were having a spur-of-the moment garden party. They fired up their barbecue, I pulled up a chair and my wheel and we sat around chatting well into the evening eating corn-on-the-cob, turkey burgers, and chips. We even enjoyed some Mike's Hard Pomegranite and a glass of wine. It was great! Next time we'll have to host them on our new deck... (no pics yet, but I'll take some today.) I do have a photo of my newest knitting project though:
This is the Lara yarn I bought on Elann.com to re-knit the Josephine top, but when I saw this Leafy Lace Camisole pattern at The Fiber Gallery I decided to cast on for that instead. It doesn't look like much yet, but (I hope) it will be stunning. I've also picked up the MS3 again... It's my goal to finish it during the Olympics... My mantra will be "It's just knitting. It's just knitting." I will finish a lace project this year.

No comments: