The adults seemed to have a good time too - I usually encourage parents to stay at these things so its a party for us as well, and I don't have to monitor every child's behavior. BTW, I truly, dearly love my parents and here's one of the many reasons why... 

Yes, that is my father in a homemade "Bulbman" costume complete with a holster containing a soldering iron. And yes, that is my mother dressed up as "Princess Leia" wearing a bedsheet with croissants strapped to her head... What? Didn't your grandparents dress up for your 6th birthday? Mine neither... My parents are so awesome. I totally wished I had dressed up too - they were the hit of the party, let me tell you.
Okay, so after the weekend was over I had a chance to finish up the Wrap & Roll yarn:
... All 32 stinkin' yards of it. I can't believe how much fiber went into such a short amount of yarn! Oh well, it certainly was fun to try the technique and I'm sure I can use this somehow as an accent yarn or part of a weaving. Who knows? Who cares? It's done!I also finished Evelyn's Rumper - so cute! 
I found the ladybug buttons at Ben Franklin Crafts and added straps to the pattern instead of seaming the shoulders so I could adjust them as my daughter grows. I was going to block it so the neckline didn't roll like that, but I didn't see the point since I knew Evelyn would try to stretch it out anyway... She's so brutal on her clothes. I hope this handknit survives her - it's very sweet. 

Now I'm working on finishing something for my cousin's baby shower... She's not finding out the sex of the baby until it is born (something most knitters find mildly annoying, I'm sure... But it's okay, I still love you Becky.) so I'm trying something in a natural color that I hope she'll like. Sorry, can't show you until after this weekend... shh!


7 comments:
I think that romper is the cutest thing you have ever made! I want to have a little girl so so I would have something precious to put in that romper - LOL!!!
I agree the romper is adorable.
It looks like you had a really good time at the party.
Evelyn looks gorgeous in her new rumper. I think the button shoulders are a good idea as little ones grow so fast and the rumper is too cute to last a short time.
I love the wool and I am sure that it will finish up as a lovely trim for a hat or sweater for Evelyn.
A whole new use for croissants! If only we could all have parents like that.
E. looks so cute in her jumper, I want to make one for me.
Very very fun post.
Aren't Mom And Dad The Coolest!
Fabulous knitwork, Katie! I can feel the end of the school year coming, too, and I am very excited to be at the end of it! Let's make sure to play a bunch this summer!
That romper is adorable, And your parents are pretty cute too!
Post a Comment