Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I hostessed a luncheon for my own mum and mum-in-law. Their birthdays are in May also (my mum's was today - Happy Birthday!) so we celebrated those too. Jackie and I made yummy finger sandwiches and salads, with a variety of cookies and cake. My brother-in-law, Blake serenaded us with Beatles songs on the guitar and we played Balderdash and Apples to Apples after gifts were opened. The kids were good, and Nathan even helped pass out cards during the games - it was really a lot of fun.
Tomorrow, I plan to sleep in a bit before church... It has sort of become a Mother's Day tradition around here for Phil to get up early with the kids and take them in their pj's to get me a mocha and a card that I can enjoy while still in bed. Usually flowers accompany this as well, but I think I'll ask him to skip that this year since I want to go out and get a pedicure sometime tomorrow afternoon and I'd rather he didn't spend the money when we've got pretty tulips in the front yard. Maybe I'll get some time to spin tomorrow also... we'll see. I know Phil is thinking about taking the boys to see Speed Racer, but I don't know... it looks like a movie for when they're a bit older. Nathan and Jamie are race-car-crazy right now. They love to watch Cars, they take their trucks and drive laps around my kitchen island (sometimes taking "pit stops" to get gas and fix their wheels,) and even pretend to drive while in the backseat of our mini-van. It's pretty cute. But you know what's cuter? These pics...

I absolutely love them... the photos and of course, my precious darlings. (I never call them that, but that's really what they are...) I feel truly blessed to be their Mama. I wish all the mothers out there a lovely day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kerri Butler said...

They are all so adorable!!! Happy Mother's Day!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Those photos are gorgeous. No wonder they are your precious darlings.
I hope that you got your pedicure for Mother's Day to make your tootsies feel great.