We all wore our most comfortable clothes, and I worked on Josephine from the latest Interweave Knits magazine.Tandy brought her paraffin wax kit so we could dip our hands and make them super soft. Judy brought her soaking tubs so we could pamper our feet,
and she and Amanda painted everyone's toenails - She even had these tiny flower stickers to put on under the top coat!
Isn't that just the most fabulous girlfriend thing to do? Amanda brought over a couple of very sweet friends who were learning how to knit and we just hung out all day having such a great time - I didn't want it to end...
Angela was in the hospital that day for the birth of her baby girl, so we kept getting updates every few hours on how the labor was going. Gabi left in the afternoon to be with her while we watched baby Liam, and at 10:09pm little Abby was born. 7 lbs, 3 oz - Congratulations, Angela!
Oh, and my mum finished her first scarf before she finally had to go home too. Girlfriends, knitting, yarn, books, laughter, relaxation, and a brand new baby... What a perfect day!


2 comments:
It was a perfect weekend! Thanks so much for hosting it. Glad to have gotten to get so much knitting done, and catch up with everyone.
THANKS!
That looks like such a great time! I hope you do it again.
I'm still waiting on my yarn to start Josephine, but the weight loss is going significantly slower than I'd planned, so I wouldn't be able to wear it anyway. Not that I'm complaining. So much has gotten in the way of sticking with the dieting week in and week out. So I know it still works for me when I'm able to do it.
I'm still intrigued by the soaps, but am distracted by other things right now.
Post a Comment