I am so proud of my dear sister for taking such a big step in her life and starting a new adventure away from home... but I'm really going to miss her. Love you, Jackie - see you in a few months!
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Bon Voyage
My heart is aching right now. I just got back from B'ham where I hugged my one and only sister goodbye. Jackie is leaving tomorrow on the Alaska Ferry to go live up there with her boyfriend, Sean.
I didn't think it would be that hard to bid her farewell... Most of our contact is by phone anyway, and Sean seems like a very nice guy... But I was wiping away tears most of the way home, and I would have been a complete mess if it hadn't been for my mum - Thoughtfully, she had tucked a tissue into my purse while we were at dinner the night before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
(((Katie))) Sorry you are so sad. Just think, now you have someone to knit *really* warm things for and you have somewhere new to visit! Let me know if you need to go and knit/chat.
Hugs again.
Post a Comment