Thursday, December 14, 2006

Staying Up Late

I shouldn't be, but that's the only way I'm going to finish this stocking before Christmas. Evelyn went into a deep sleep at around 11:45pm last night, so I stayed up until 1:30am and got as far as the gusset before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer...
I love knitting with this yarn - it's so cool knowing I spun it myself, the colors are gorgeous, and the wool feels wonderful. I only wish there was more of it so I could have knit the larger stocking pattern. It is going to be quite a bit smaller than our other stockings, but I suppose that's ok considering it's for the baby.I'm really hoping I can block it out a bit longer after I'm done knitting. Either that, or I may try to crochet an edging to make the cuff a little taller.

At Yarn Yoga last night, I also finished the cabled hat for my neighbor.


I used up some random balls of Lamb's Pride I had hiding in my stash. It turned out quite nicely and I really hope it fits him this time. Whether he'll like it enough to wear it though is another question entirely, but at least I'll feel better if it fits. :)

No comments: