My sister also bought me the Simple Knits for Easy Living calendar. I've had my eye on this! It has some beautiful patterns in it for knitted boxes, cushion covers, afghans, rugs, and table runners. I've already been filling it in with birthdays and Spinning Guild meetings.
When my mum asked me for a wish list, I directed her to the Knitpicks webpage. She ordered me a Chart Keeper for keeping track when I'm knitting lace (ha, ha, ha, ha) or fair-isle, a Sweater Stone for getting rid of pilling on my felted items, and some Kookaburra Wool Wash. My parents also gave me the Clover Felting Needle Tool and Mat which I can't wait to try. Did you know that you can use this on felt that is bought in sheets at the craft store? You just cut out the shape you want and felt it onto your knitting. I watched Donna do this at Yarn Yoga - she actually felted it onto acrylic yarn! I'm guessing the wool gets meshed around the acrylic and binds back onto itself... How else would it stick to the fabric? Anyway, it sounds like a fun toy to me.
And then, there are the books... Phil and I both started an Amazon wishlist this year, and apparently this was a smart move.
Phil's dad sent me the 3rd resource book by Nicky Epstein, Knitting Beyond the Edge. (I already had "On the Edge" and "Over the Edge".) I also received Knitted Flowers to add to my Nicky Epstein collection. The photos are gorgeous, and the patterns look fairly simple. I can see myself adding flowers to everything.
Phil (unbeknownst to him, of course) ordered me Knitting for Peace. (Oh come on, I was ordering him a book as well!) Now this is a beautiful book to leaf through. It provides a collection of patterns and organizations that gather and distribute knitted items to the poor, sick, and elderly. Project Linus is in there, chemo caps, prayer shawls, and more... Lots of ways to use your knitting powers for good.
I also received a couple of silly and fun books that were on my list. The first, Knitted Babes, is for making handknit dolls for my daughter Evelyn. Each doll in the book has a complete wardrobe of cute knitted clothes. I have a feeling I'll be making more than one.
Last but not least, Phil's brother Blake ordered me The Gnome Craft Book. This is not really a knitting book, but has a few patterns for adorable knitted gnomes. If you like gnomes (and who doesn't, really?) this is the book for you. There are gnomes made out of wood, embroidered gnomes, gnomes using felt, and well, you get the idea. It's way cute.
Wow - Practically a whole library. Thanks again, everyone! (Am I a lucky woman, or what?)
Evey is now 3 months old. She is still the best gift ever!


1 comment:
I love that knitting for peace book. I finished reading it, and then couldn't sleep for the ideas swarming my head.
Happy Knitting
Post a Comment