Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Shawl is Done!

I just finished weaving in the ends... It's super warm.I've also finished spinning the corriedale wool, but I haven't yet set the twist. (That's soaking it in hot water and wool wash, then hanging it to dry, for you non-fiber friends. This keeps the yarn from unraveling while you're trying to knit with it.) Tonight I'm off to the spinning guild where they're having a sale night. I'm hoping to find some white wool to spin up for the rest of my stocking. There's no way I'm getting two stockings out of this... I'll be lucky if I get one if I've calculated the yardage right. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

Oh, and I got a better photo of Evelyn smiling...Nathan has a sticker chart for helping out around the house, and when he fills it up he gets to choose a new toy. The boys have kept themselves occupied lately with the Duplos we bought. Nathan and Jamie have been so good, which is wonderful because Evelyn has decided she wants to be held constantly... meaning always, all the time. I guess that's the downside to having so many arms willing to pass her around during Yarn Yoga... At home I've got a fussy baby when I need to do just about anything that requires putting her down. She's so cute though, I find myself giving in. The laundry will have to wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've got a baby at the restaurant(the owners baby not mine). And he's become the same way. Only Zachary decides he needs to be fussy right in the middle of our short-staffed lunch hour. Good times had by all!