Here she is, after her fabulously witty speech, showing off her sweater from the
Knitting Olympics!

I , of course, was such a dork. Last night I had a fairly long drive over to
Third Place Books during which I took deep, slow breaths and rehearsed what I was going to say when I went up to get my
book signed... Like, "Hi. I'm Katie, the Knitting Mama... you've seen my blog a couple of times. (Insert smile.) I really enjoy reading yours..." Blah, blah, blah. The thing is I've been to a book signing before, and have made a complete fool of myself in front of people like
Diana Gabaldon and
Mary Doria Russell. It didn't really make any difference... You see, when I get nervous my cheeks get a little flush, I talk a little faster and less coherently, and I giggle way more than a sane person should. Thankfully, the
Yarn Harlot was more amiable and seemed more relaxed than those other authors which made it a bit easier to talk to her... even if I did giggle a ridiculous amount. :) Thankfully, I'd had the forethought to bring a camera...

... and a small gift. That morning I'd made her a small fabric needle case for her
KnitPicks needle tips. She'd mentioned on her blog that she was having trouble keeping them together on the road since she didn't have the KP case yet. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a photo of the case before I gave it to her, but I did manage to include a handmade card that said what I really wanted to say to Stephanie anyway - Thanks Yarn Harlot, for being such a positive influence in the world and for providing inspiration to knitters and mothers alike!
2 comments:
Katie, the case is beautiful, and I really enjoyed meeting you. It was a wonderful evening.
Katie, we dorks will have to unite! What is it about us intelligent, put-together women that turns us into giggling lunatics in the presence of someone we admire?? But I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a bit of encouragement. I fear that spinning is already sucking me into the vortex......
Post a Comment