I'm almost done knitting my pair of Knucks. So, soon I'll be working on finishing (sewing up the gaps between fingers) and the embroidery (yikes!) I used Rowan Felted Tweed in Bilberry - this wool is so soft and I love the tweed, it's so pretty!
I did the textured cuff because I thought it looked more feminine and I love it, but I'm wondering if I might have done the crocheted crab stitch edging wrong because it seems to want to roll. Something to keep in mind if you plan to knit these is that you'll want to turn the finishing strand inward while adding the thumb - I realized too late that I didn't do this on the second glove, so I'll need to work it around to the other side or use another strand to sew up the hole. Also, on the next pair I knit I'll make the covering for the pinky fingers a bit shorter. They do fit wonderfully though!
My sister now wants a pair in green, but it should be pretty easy since she wants ribbing on the cuff and no embroidery. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use - I do have some cotton/acrylic tweed in a dk weight, but I may see if I can get some Rowan in that color since it was so nice to knit with!


No comments:
Post a Comment