Friday, July 07, 2006

Some Hand-Knits Arrive!

Yesterday, my parents stopped by on their way up from Oregon. They had been visiting with some of my aunts and uncles, and my Aunt Nancy - who is known for speedy knitting (it is said that she once knit an entire sweater on a drive from Southern California to Seattle, WA) - had sent them off with these:

Very cute and very pink - My favorites are the little fuzzy booties and beautiful lacy blanket... Thank you, Nancy!

In other knitting news, I noticed yesterday that the new Knitty issue was up! I'm lovin' the fingerless mitts, especially the Knucks and although they gave some tips I wish they had provided a guide for the embroidery-impaired (that would be me...) I also liked the beaded bracelet Perdita which I'm thinking will soon be added to my growing list of plan-to-knits.

Sigh... the saga continues with the shrug-turned-wrap-turned-bolero. After asking my husband and several other people what they thought of the crochet and not getting a very good response (like "cool, um, but not in that yarn") I began to think this recycled silk wasn't really good for anything but a ratty-looking hand bag. I still liked the beginning of the wrap though and after agonizing a bit over not being able to have a bolero to wear after the reunion I decided to do what any other indecisive (pregnant) fiber fanatic would do - both. (In other words, I bought more yarn - a deep red cotton which will be much nicer for the bolero... and the real Clapotis may never happen, but we'll see.) I have time... a little over a month... that's enough... right?

2 comments:

Pamelamama said...

Katie, come to eastsidestitchers, and I'll help you with the embroidery. ;)

Pamela
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eastsidestitchers/

Unknown said...

Thanks Pamela, sounds like fun! You know, when I first read your comment, I had no idea you were the pattern designer - Congrats! (Hopefully you'll see this - I tried to post to your blog but was having technical difficulties...)