Monday, July 17, 2006

Out of the Hope Chest

Ever since I found out I was going to have a girl, I've been looking for these... I made them when I was pregnant with Nathan; when I was in the delusional state of first pregnancies and I was convinced that there was no possible way I was going to have a boy. (Later, after my ultrasound when it became apparent that I was indeed without a doubt having a boy, I tossed them into what I call the "Hope Bucket" since it is really a Rubbermaid container and not one of those coveted gorgeous wooden chests.) This was before I became a real Knitter, so I remember being pretty impressed with myself that I didn't use a pattern. Unfortunately I didn't write it all down, so until I can figure out what I did (which I'm determined to do) then I'll be sure to post the pattern on my site.

This weekend was very productive... There were a couple of garage sales in our neighborhood where I found some cheap girl clothes and a nice bassinet for $15. The coverings for it were filthy, but I was able to throw it all in the wash except for the canopy which ended up having to be cut off. I thought it would still be nice to have a canopy though, so I bought some nice purple fabric with white flowers on it. Hopefully I can use the previous canopy as sort of a pattern to make a new one.... the original bassinet coverings are white, so it should look quite nice if I can pull it off. Needless to say, I was doing laundry all weekend.

And I even managed to make some thank you cards for the gifts that have been already sent my way.

As far as knitting goes, Saturday night was Late Night Yarn Yoga and I got quite far on the silk wrap. Only a few more rows and I should be able to start decreasing - Yay! I'm very motivated to finish it because I may need those needles to swatch for Anouk. The Pima Tencel arrived on Friday and is so temptingly soft!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really would've put those booties on a boy! They're beautiful as are baby boys. I was just at the Harlot's reading over the comments and just had to stop by, you have a beautiful blog going here, enjoyed the pics, good luck to you and not only have I read all the Outlander books,(I first got them through the library)but then decided these were books I would read again in my 'old' age,hahaha, and have bought them. That Jamie Fraser is on hell of a man! Claire is some kind of goddess also.
Carry on with the making of good time.