Monday, July 03, 2006

On the Fringe

Well, here's the moebius basket, fringed and ready to felt: Unfortunately, I've been told by several people that I need to check on this thing pretty much every minute while it's in the wash to separate the fringe and make sure the strands aren't all felting together - which means I can't do it in my front-loader. I'll just have to wait until we go up to my parent's house... sigh.

While ripping back Clapotis, I thought I'd try an experiment...

Now, before you say "OMG, is that crochet?!!!" let me gently remind you that what I originally wanted for this project was a bolero pattern. Since I found this cute one in Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker, I thought it couldn't hurt to try it. I promise, if it totally is not working out in this yarn by the time I rip back to where I thought Clapotis should measure width-wise... I'll stop the insanity and go back to knitting. :)

Oh, and here's where our yard is at...

The dirt needs to be leveled out some more, but still... it looks awesome. To the right of this view, both walls taper down to meet the grass in our side yard. My man did this! (Ok, so him and a few other guys.) Speaking of my man, Phil turns 28 today - Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

nice wall. Phil rocks. or stones, something like that

Anonymous said...

Good luck felting your purse, looks great plus the crocheting. Hubby a keeper.