Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What's a Knitter to Do?

It is four days before the Olympics start, and there's no way I can finish the VCC before then... so what do I do? Start another project, of course!

This is going to be a cardigan for my sweet friend Laura and her baby boy who is due in March. Good thinking, huh? To be working on it now... before the baby is born? Last week, I did give the pretty bonnets to their recipients who oohed and aahed over them, but I do wish I had finished them before the babes were close to 8 months old. This baby will be named Clark, hence the Superman colors. Isn't that cute? The yarn is Bernat Satin which is acrylic, but feels super soft. I'm hoping it wears and washes well too.

And speaking of babies...

6 comments:

Molly said...

Could it be???

Unknown said...

September 30th :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use the Superman-colors for little Clark! That cardigan is going to be an adorable one, I'm already sure about that, and I'm looking forward to seeing the FO! Have fun knitting it, and best wishes from Austria!

Molly said...

congrats....

Reb said...

Your superman idea is poi-fect, and congratulations to you, Knitting Mama again!

Unknown said...

Ok, thanks for the kudos but the Superman colors were the mother-to-be's idea. She's a knitter too. :)