Wednesday, February 01, 2006

More Rainy Days

It's still raining here in the Pacific Northwest, and to make it way less enjoyable the kids and I are sick with a cold and cough. In an attempt to cure the cabin fever last week I took them to a gymnastics place that had a toddler free-time where I'm sure we acquired this. Ugh. Now instead of taking them out, we've been forced to get creative. A couple of nights ago my husband dismantled the Kangaroo Climber (which had been hanging out in our garage,) cleaned it up and reassembled it upstairs...

... and their cooped-up blues were gone for a couple of hours.

Then yesterday they went back to their rainy-day activity of choice - driving mommy crazy by making big (BIG) messes everywhere. They managed to get into both bathrooms, pull all the toilet paper off the rolls and there were cotton balls strewn all over the floor. You're probably wondering where mommy was during all this chaos... I was downstairs, trying to switch the laundry over. That's how fast these things happen.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I didn' t even think about cleaning it up. I just put shoes on the kids (never mind that Nathan wasn't even wearing socks,) and hauled them out to the car for a nice long drive. I didn't really have any destination in mind, although my head was filled with the idea of a giant playpen. I ended up at Phil's work and asked him if he could please leave with me now to shop for more child locks. He couldn't leave, but he did kiss me on the forehead and told me not to worry about dinner since he'd be home late. I took the kids to the mall. I shopped. We ate out. Then, we went to BabiesRUs for the child locks and a couple of extra panels for the SuperYard.

2 comments:

Laura A said...

Harsh! So sorry!

Monique said...

Oh how I know your pain. Mine have taken up the activity of running up and down the hallway. *sob*