Friday, November 18, 2005

Duster Duty

I'm at home today nursing a tweaked back and trying to get myself to walk around a bit even though there is so much knitting to do! Last night I got back to my duster which I've decided must be seamed and fun-furred this weekend if it's ever going to be ready for my hubby's Christmas party. Luckily, Ben Franklin has an all-night Yarn Yoga on Saturday, though I won't be able to stay all night since I also plan to attend a Cookie Lee party and have a bunch of people coming over on Sunday to do other crafty stuff. I'm up to the arm-holes again which I'd say is good progress. Sunday I plan to work on Christmas cards though, so I'd better get moving. This morning I brought the "manly" scarf with me to MOPs and worked on it while listening to Cynthia Tobias speak to us about different learning styles and how to handle strong-willed children.

Her presentation was very funny and interesting, and I ended up buying one of her books. I also won door prize today, and silly me - in my zeal to run up to the stage I tripped a little and my lower back spasmed in pain. I'm fine, really. I just feel a bit sheepish and hope I can wait to see my chiropractor next week. On a happier note, look what my friend Monika made for me...

Such beautiful stitch markers! I made some for her awhile back for smaller needles, but these will fit up to size 17! What a sweetheart!

No comments: