Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Yes, there he is. My husband. Dressed up like Napoleon Dynamite and acting the part as well. Gotta love the moon boots...
Tonight should be interesting. I will probably take Nathan trick-or-treating around our little neighborhood which (unlike our last neighborhood) is packed with little kids. I'm wondering if we'll get many trick-or-treaters though since our driveway is so long... well, if they do, we have some candy for them.
On Friday our church held a Harvest Fest carnival for kids to have fun in a safe environment. I was amazed... where our congregation usually sits for Sunday service the chairs had been cleared and the room was filled with carnival games and huge inflatable trampoline castles! Nathan was dressed in his cowboy get-up and had so much fun playing the smaller games and gathering candy from all the volunteers. We managed to get Jamie into the bee costume and I was grateful that all the commotion didn't stress him out and make him fussy. He seemed to enjoy the entertainment quite a bit!


We carved our pumpkins on Saturday and I just couldn't get Nathan to put his hand inside (where he said it was yucky!) Oh well, Phil and I had a great time and I even tried a new recipe for roasting the pumpkin seeds which I've posted on the Recipe page. I added Spike and they were soooooo good!

Happy Halloween! Be safe out there and have fun!

6 comments:

Molly said...

Your boys look lovely.

(and I love the hair curl on the pumpkin)

Keva said...

That is my best friend from fourth grade. That is exactly what he looked like!!! (Or at least how I remember him.)

Unknown said...

Sweet... Phil won an award for that costume at work - they gave him $50!

Anonymous said...

Phil,
Great costume! I saw the movie and you have got him to a tee.

Heather said...

Awesome! Napoleon is SWEET!!!

Nathan and Jamie are adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG - I just snorted my cola through my nose.

Your hubby is a CRACKUP!