Thursday, September 29, 2005

I Love Naptime

I've spent most of today's allocation of household peace transferring posts I thought worthy of note (especially the lengthy one on toilet training) and updating my new blog layout. It's a perfect Northwest day for spending some time indoors... Cold, rainy, windy. Anyway, as you can see I've such wonderful new features such as separate pages for my book reviews, recipes, and patterns. Haven't figured out where to put a photo album yet but I'm sure it will happen eventually.
I'm glad I got all this done because I was feeling rather gloomy this morning due the fact that I realized I had done something really stupid. Last night I worked all evening on my cowgirl duster, finishing the back. (I was so done!) Then this morning I look at the pattern with fresh eyes and realized I did it totally wrong and would have to rip it out to the armholes again... Errgghhh! The trouble started because the pattern writer was too lazy to write out full instructions for the duster - you see there are two sizes, short and long. The short vest uses chocolate and champagne colored chenille and peacock fun fur. The long duster (which is what I'm knitting) is made with midnight blue and marine chenille and champagne fun fur. So, anyway when the pattern said "At armholes, follow directions for the short vest," I did just that only I forgot to substitute the marine for the champagne and instead used my fun fur where it wasn't supposed to go. Ugh. So, guess what I'll be working on (again) this evening?

No comments: